Tuesday 6 October 2020

Welcome to Spooky Season!

Despite the shadow of a global pandemic still looming over most of the world, personally I am still finding a level of excitement in the fact that we have now entered my favourite time of year (autumn) and are rapidly approaching my favourite holiday: Halloween! 

As someone who loves Halloween with the passion some feel for Christmas, I like to celebrate the holiday as more of a month-long affair than just a one-night event. Since COVID-19 (and my lack of friends, but let's pretend this is due to the virus) has made marking the occasion through parties next-to-impossible, I am celebrating by doing the next best thing: voraciously consuming as much spooky media as I can before the month ends. 

Fortunately for this blog, which has been left gathering dust for about two months now, this media binge means I will hopefully be getting plenty of fresh material to write about on here this October. Of course I can't guarantee that I won't suddenly lose all motivation and leave this blog unattended for weeks on end (again), but that is at least not my intention. 

So! If everything goes according to plan, you can expect some spooky posts arriving on this blog very soon. As always, I would love to hear if anyone has any suggestions for topics they'd like me to write about and especially recommendations for movies/books/tv series/etc that in some way capture the spirit of Halloween. Until then, happy Halloween month!

1 comment: