Thursday 4 February 2021

Let's Try... Weekly Updates

Hello, dear readers! Welcome back to another irregular instalment of Extra Libris: The Blog. Yesterday I was bemoaning my lack of blog readers to my friend, as I often do, who gently suggested that perhaps more people would like to read it if maybe I updated it regularly for once in your goddamn life, Mary. Okay, she probably wasn't that harsh, but I tend to hear unsolicited advice as being aggressively critical even when it's a genuinely good suggestion. I gave it some thought and decided that maybe said friend's idea was just one such genuinely good suggestion, and maybe I would do well to apply that advice to this blog, if only for a little while.

On a semi-related note, I have also made a deal with another friend that I will attempt to write 500 words each day, every day until they release me from this commitment. My thinking was that this would be the perfect time to feed two birds with one hand, using my 500 daily words from this challenge to feed my poor content-starved blog at the same time. 

All that is to say that I will now be attempting to post once a week on this blog. It's not incredibly ambitious, but past experience has taught me that aiming too high (for example, writing a post a day) can lead me to crashing and burning and only writing a post once every blue moon. So we are starting small, with one post a week. There is no set theme, unlike with that infamously-prolonged 30-day book challenge, so nothing about the content of this blog should change very drastically. The only difference will be that I should be posting slightly more regularly. 

I am going to try to schedule these posts for every Wednesday, starting next week (or this week, if you count yesterday's post). Somewhat counterintuitively, this post doesn't count. I mean, it's not really a proper post, is it? This is just me rambling on about this blog, desperately trying to reach 500 words before the end of it so I don't have to close Blogger and then type furiously into a Word doc for another 100 words or so. 

Alas, I had better stop myself clogging up this post with unwarranted words now and get on with writing some of these soon-to-be weekly posts. If you're reading this, tell me: do you have any tips for writing (or generally producing creatively) according to any kind of schedule? Or, if you're not the creating type, do you have any suggestions for what these weekly posts might focus on? Thinking and writing is just too much work for me, so I'd be very grateful for any ideas I can leech off. 



No comments:

Post a Comment