Saturday 11 January 2020

And So it Begins... // 30-Day Book Challenge

As I mentioned in my last post on this blog, I'm currently trying to steer this blog in the direction of more media-related content, rather than my current theme-less ramblings. I'm also trying to post a bit more consistently on here - that is, more frequently than once a month. Luckily, the other day I came across an idea that could help me achieve both of these things at once: a book challenge.

The challenge I found is called the 30-Day Book Challenge, and from what I can tell the idea behind it is that for each day of the 30 days mentioned, you write about a book (or series) that matches the daily description. I discovered this challenge through the image below, which unfortunately I haven't been able to find an original source for (if the image isn't loading, scroll down for a text version).


In summary, every day for the next 30 days I will be posting about a different book or series. I'm hoping this will be a bit of fun and will provide some much-needed levity on a blog that has otherwise been plagued by political musings and hot takes. With these posts, I will also be aiming not to write too much - as those of you who follow my writing know, I have a tendency to "over-write" (AKA ramble on unnecessarily). Hopefully the time-sensitive nature of these posts will help me avoid this and keep things brief.

So, keep your eyes peeled for a new post tomorrow (and the day after, and the day after that, and the day after that...).


30-Day Book Challenge

Day 1 – Best book you read last year

Day 2 – A book that you’ve read more than 3 times

Day 3 – Your favourite series

Day 4 – Favourite book from your favourite series

Day 5 – A book that makes you happy

Day 6 – A book that makes you sad

Day 7 – A book that makes you laugh

Day 8 – Most overrated book

Day 9 – A book you thought you wouldn’t like but ended up loving

Day 10 – A book that reminds you of home

Day 11 – A book you hated

Day 12 – A book you love but hate at the same time

Day 13 – Your favourite writer

Day 14 – Book turned movie and completely descecrated

Day 15 – Favourite male character

Day 16 – Favourite female character

Day 17 – Favourite quote from your favourite book

Day 18 – A book that disappointed you

Day 19 – Favourite book turned into a movie

Day 20 – Favourite romance book

Day 21 – The first novel you remember reading

Day 22 – A book that makes you cry

Day 23 – A book you wanted to read for a long time but still haven’t

Day 24 – A book that you wish more people had read

Day 25 – A character who you can relate to the most

Day 26 – A book that changed your opinion about something

Day 27 – The most surprising plot twist or ending

Day 28 – Favourite title of a book

Day 29 – A book everyone hated but you liked

Day 30 – Your favourite book of all time

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to reading your thoughts on those various books. Undoubtedly there will be books that I'm not familiar with.

    ReplyDelete